Tuesday, June 9, 2015

#7 Chemo Round 3-5!!! A little Before...A Little after...

`I feel like I havent written in forever! Which I kinda havent.  for those following I apologize but sometimes life catches up and as much as I try to keep active and doing everything i normally do, i get really tired :(
Every week i kept trying to write and now I just got done with Chemo #5 last week! Ive been taking it like a champ but like i said its tiring and very draining.  I have liked it at the clinic where Ive been going because everyone being treated there has cancer, the type varies but we are all there for treatment and the nurses only work with cancer patients and some are survivors themselves which is cool when they start telling you their story.
All my Chemo sessions have been similar, I get there and i get hooked up to the IV through my port and a series of bags of medicine slowly make their way through my system for about 4 to 5 hours, yup, its a long process and its pretty much the same each time.  Only thing that differs is how long it takes my system to feel sleepy and dose off during some of the meds. I also get hungry so they recommend you bring a lunch or snacks, which is a must, but i always end up giving my snacks away to people who are there and didnt know to bring anything and they too are hungry, i just feel bad because theyre usually older so im ok with waiting to eat when i get home.

Now, the entire time im there, im usually ok, i nap and relax and leave all drugged up, lol I have pretty much my 3 good days before my cells start dying out and then the fun days begin.  My bad days are starting to consist of days where my muscles and entire body hurt like ive been hit by a truck. My head hurts, insomnia kicks in, i get super grouchy and have no patience what so ever!!! Theres about 3 days of me having pain in my mouth and jaw and i have no taste buds so everything tastes like dirt :( its not very cool when theres something you know you love to eat and you go to taste it and its like BLAH!!!!!  Those are the days im dealing with right now. 3 down, im hoping 1 to go, & that tomorrow i wake up better and can taste again, its like a magical feeling wen that happens, lol.
Other noticable things are my thinned out hair that i keep saying im gonna cut next week and the weeks keep coming and going and still nothing, lol hopefully next week for reals this time.  oh another change has been my nails, crazy but the roots of my fingernails and toenails are black, it looks scary and I feel my nails will just fall off one day, which ive heard from other patients they have!!! but im hoping it doesnt happen to me. I was told its normal and when everything is all done, theyll go back to normal, but for now, the dont look pretty.
I promise I will try to come back in and update you guys some more soon, I have good days coming up this weekend so ill try to not dissapear for so long again, for now this girl is sleepy and in need of a nap, so I will talk to you guys soon.
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment