Monday, April 20, 2015

#2 So what came next...

So what came next?
Well surprisingly enough asking questions and getting random visits from hospital workers just wanting to lend a shoulder to cry on, words of encouragement and survivors telling me their stories were all helpful little boosts of positive vibes I welcomed from anyone who wanted to talk to me. I even took a visit from a nun who not knowing anything about me started praying with me and then asked what i had, i proceeded to tell her and she right away asked if i didnt love myself or my body to have done this to myself? I was left baffled, she then said well ok, bye, never even finished the prayer, lol i turned and looked at the cross on the wall and honestly smiled and thanked God for the reminder that I will just come across people who wont always understand, and those people may at times be who you least expect, and you know what, Im ok with that.
As best I could i tried letting my family know everything I would find out and explain what I had and the steps that i was going to have to take to get better, i knew i really needed to explain it with more detail when I found out my mom was telling family I had cancer in my tonsils, lol so aside from explaining I still had days when denial from my mom and oldest brother would get me down.  My mom with her praying that it just wasnt true and before starting chemo i would wake up one day and the cancer would be gone and my brother asking me how i can just take their word that thats what i had and why with so many studies it never came out before.  Now, dont get me wrong, I value all prayers, i ask for them and i welcome them from the bottom of my heart, what hurt with my mom thinking that way was talking to her and telling her, mom say it with me I HAVE CANCER! its there mom and its not going to go away without all the treatments, and we talked about how that particular prayer made me sad because there wasnt anything on my end to help make it happen, we talked about praying for things to go well, pray for me that my body handles it well, pray that I heal faster than usual, that I dont spend too many days puking, that i continue to have my crazy ass positive attitude through this whole journey. Think our talk helped and its helped that she goes to all my appointments with me and i make sure she understands everything going on, then again, anyone who comes and visits and family and the kids I tell them as well everything that happens and why its happening.  If you really want to know, i will tell you and now i will put it in words so you can read it in case its hard for us to see each other because well, our lives go on and we all get busy.
So, my first chemo day was approaching fast and I thought what the heck, I feel good lets get to work, so what did my crazy ass do, i took over a high rise project that Vale had in downtown in changing toilet parts in over 400 bathrooms, lol I would go to work along with my work team (thats right I had workers, lol) and pretty much worked till I was 4days away from Chemo, so what did I do with those 4days, well some of you might of seen through facebook that I took off to Vegas with the kids, lol yup, vegas was my time to get away and be ready to come home and DO THIS!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment